Interview with Irina Guseva, an Аll Вreed WCF expert
- How long have you been breeding Maine Coons?
Since 1998: for 16 years already.
- Why did you choose this very breed?
Beauty, size, sociability, tender, kindness, nice character and INTELLIGENCE!!! Is it possible not to like them?
- What was your first Maine Coon's name?
I got two Maine Coons at once. They were Cooncreole Chaienne and Cooncreole Lafaiette.
- Your first show as a breeder – how did it go? What result did you achieve with your pets?
My first exhibition as a breeder (not the owner) was very successful. I showed my kitten named Moscow Star's Bajun. It became the best kitten at the show. Subsequently, it was this cat that won many hearts and delighted everybody with its beauty and breed characteristics.
- Have you ever worked with other breeds?
Yes of course. I have bred Persians.
- What qualities of the Maine Coon do you like most of all?
They are small humans for me! They understand our language, they feel our mood, they pity us when something is wrong, they try to distract our mind from bad thoughts. They know more about us than we do. I love them very much!!!
- Give some advice to beginning breeders of the Maine Coon?
First of all (before the purchase) learn more about Maine Coons, learn the advantages and the disadvantages of this breed and choose a partner for mating as carefully as possible. After all, everyone wants to have healthy and beautiful kittens.
- What is your sign of the zodiac? (Date of birth)
July 16, 1958. I am Cancer.
- You visit a lot of shows as an expert. In what city of Russia people like the Maine Coon most of all, do you think? Where is, in your opinion, the livestock of the highest quality?
You know, I haven't long judged Coons in Moscow. The livestock is quite high in regions. I cannot name a specific city, because participants from other cities take part in any show. Maine Coons are loved everywhere!
- How do you like to relax?
Family and Maine Coons, Coons, Coons.......
- What is your favorite dish? Drink?
Fish in aspic. Coffee.
- Do you have another hobby besides cats?
Of course I do! CATS!!!
- What is an “ideal present" for you?
Something I dream about!
- What is your life credo or motto?
Выпадают минуты свободные редко
И вчера, и сегодня, и завтра аншлаг.
И, когда заходить мне не хочется в клетку,
"Ап!"- себе говорю я и делаю шаг!
(I rarely have free time, I was busy yesterday, I'm busy today and I'll be tomorrow, and if I do not want to be caught in a cage, I say “Go!" and take a step!)